11.18.2009

*277

Put this in your cell phone! It's the number to the Colorado State Patrol(CSP) so that you can report aggressive drivers. I've had this in my phone but never really used it even though I've been buzzed many times. Well the other day while I was riding in a bike lane on 32nd street I was buzzed by a honking car and it was enough to trigger me to actually stop and take the time to remember the license plate and report the car to the CSP. As cyclist we need to do this and not just keep on riding and bitching to ourselves about aggressive drivers. From what I know the license plate goes into an aggressive driver database and if there are 3 complaints the owner of the car gets a warning letter from the CSP. If more complaints trickle in a State Trooper actually makes a personal visit so do this and do this every time you encounter an aggressive driver. We need to look out for each other. Be safe.

No comments: