3.30.2014

T-minus 4.5 months

Lots of changes the last few months that included me landing a great new job opportunity and signing up for the Leadville 100 Trail race in August. Not the smartest move given that my job is very demanding in terms of hours worked and being on my feet A LOT but it is what it is and I'm going to get ready for this challenge. I've decided to get back at it with my daily blogging that will mostly revolve around my training leading up to the Leadville 100. I'm way behind in my training preparation so the next 4.5 months is going to be nuts! Really this race comes down to the basics of any other endurance type of sport in terms of training. 1. train your ass off....run! 2. train your ass of even more....keep running and do some cross training (cycling) 3. Rest, rest, rest...don't get injured 4. Lose weight....eat right 5. Have fun! What have I done so far? I've done about a dozen runs with the longest being 9 miles. I weight 187lbs and I'm not happy about that. April and May are critical months for me in terms of training. I'm signed up for the North Fork 50 end of June so that will give me a good indication as to where I'm at and hopefully I'll have a great race. I'd like to knock off a couple of hours from last year's time but we'll see as June rolls around. I'm excited as ever to train for the Leadville 100 and looking forward to sharing my training experience with such a short amount of time before this race. Time to train.

No comments: