1.04.2009

Boulder's first velodrome but hopefully not the last

Last night I went up to Boulder to check out the new velodrome and I was pleasantly surprised. After hearing of talks about building a velodrome in Boulder for the last 10+ years it was finally good to see one up and running. I think it's great for the cycling community and I look forward to training on it in the near future. I hope this velodrome becomes the launching pad for what Boulder/Denver really needs which is a world class World Cup worthy velodrome. The track is short at 138m and as far as I'm concerned it only has two turns. I'm used to the more traditional 250m and 333m tracks around the country but this will do for now. I know of one other velodrome project in the works for the same area and I hope this velodrome only inspires them to follow through on a more grand and desirable velodrome.





Turn 1

The home stretch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It truly is good to have this velodrome in our area. To follow on future events of the track or take part in Boulder track discussion then check out 303cycling's page dedicated to it, http://303cycling.com/boulder_velodrome