1.03.2009

"What would Lance do?"

So i asked myself that question over breakfast as I watched the snow fall outside. And all I could think of was that Nike commercial were Lance rides back into his garage in a downpour with him sayings, "I'm on my bike 6 hours a day; what are you on?". That was enough to convince me to pony up and ride outside. My goal is to not ride the trainer all of January so we'll see if I can stick to that goal. I did not see a single fellow cyclist but I did pass a few runners and a whole lot of drivers probably wondering why. 2.5 hours later I arrived home with a filthy cross bike and some cold toes. It ended up being a great training ride; way better than a hike or run outside. I'm pretty sure Lance would have doubled my training time with a nice cozy Suburban following him with a some hot chocolate and extra clothing.

Turns out a frozen cross bike doesn't slow down as quickly on steep roads or at all

Team HART for 2009

The Arvada Alpe D'Huez

1 comment:

Racing Green said...

That's like a 1/2 day on the bike. Left the house at 7:00 and was out for 4.25 hours. Lookout at 8:15 was covered in fog from the M but I rode the whole thing. It's January, time to get serious.