2.08.2009

T-minus 3 weeks

My preparation for Valley of the Sun stage race in Phoenix kind of fell through with an unexpected cold, work and lack of training. That said, I'm not going. I'll be looking to start my season in March with a lot of the collegiate sponsored events in the front range area. I'm training and looking forward to ramping things up in the next 7 weeks in preparation to be absolutely flying in April. I have been riding the Boulder velodrome every Monday and lately training with guys who know the track on a world cup level. I first rode with Colby Pearce who is a former Olympian who represented the U.S. in Athens, Greece. The week after I trained with Scott Berryman who back in the day was battling the sprint races against the Russians. I'll be looking to gain as much track knowledge from these guys as I push for elite nationals come Oct.

Besides cycling my life seems to have hit the fast forward button. I'm teaming up with some friends and The Young Fund to put on a killer charity event benefiting The Children's Hospital. May 14th so mark your calendar! I'll be making a trip back home to visit my lola probably in March. I'm stoked my sister Claudine is having a boy come June. The more little ones we have in our family the better. That's about it for now.
Sent from my Atari 64

No comments: