5.18.2009

Colorado Center of Orthopaedic Excellence...

fixed me up and helped me get back on the road or trainer for now. A metal plate that looks like something out of the movie Predator and over 10 screws and I'm all back together. My collarbone snapped in a few places and the likelihood of it healing correctly and quickly in just a sling was next to none so with the guidance of my brother-in-law Dr. John Shank and Dr. David Weinstein, head physician for the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, we opted for surgery. I knew I was in great hands regardless of the decision so I didn't even think twice about not doing the surgery. Dr. Weinstein performed the surgery which took just over an hour to complete. Everything went very well and he gave me the green light to start training on the trainer ASAP. 4 days out from the surgery and I'm feeling pretty good about my recovery and even managed to get on the trainer. Just like Lance Armstrong gearing up for the Tour I've got my own set of big goals this summer so I'm pretty stoked to be on the up and up. I expect my recovery to be in the range of Lance's recovery which is 5-7 weeks which gives me plenty of time to train for the Chicago Criterium July 26th. GAME ON!

No comments: