5.10.2009

Down but not out

Went down hard at Wheels of Thunder. It was a fast and somewhat sketchy Pro 1/2 race for such a wide and open course. Was really excited about a chance at the sprint with the team ready to ride for me. Instead I hit the deck and I'm out with most likely a broken clavicle. Pretty lucky my brother-in-law is an orthopedic surgeon so gonna see him on Tuesday and get this taken care of ASAP. I've got some unfinished business and lots of racing this year so hopefully in 4 weeks time I'll be rolling again.
Sent from my Atari 64

3 comments:

Racing Green said...

bummer man, that is bad news. I know you'll be hitting the trainer soon though and getting right back at it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I know Lance is trying to avoid crits now, and probably in the future. Not worth it, or is it? Maybe do another event? Anyhow, best of luck in recovery and 2010 is the year!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what happened in that crit? That is a bummer. Maybe an ITT on the road or in the velodrome? Of course you don't want pain for the rest of your life, so please rest and let it fully heal.