4.16.2013

Only Dork's Wear Their Heart Rate Monitors To Sleep

Because I don't wear my heart monitor enough everyday when I workout I decided to wear it to sleep last night.  I have officially confirmed I'm a deep sleeper with my heart rate getting down to as low as 36 beats per minute (bpm)!!! My average throughout the night was 42 bpm so it looks like I'm getting fitter?  I think the idea is that when you become fitter your resting heart rate drops because your heart is more efficient and requires less effort to support your body.  I plan to do this again a few times between now and the North Fork 50 ultramarathon June 29th.  It will be interesting to see the impact if any with me being 15lbs. lighter and a lot more training if my resting heart rate changes.  I can't imagine it getting any lower but I guess we'll see.


No comments: