5.07.2008

Meridian Race: Unofficial Win

Michael and I geared up after work and met up with about 80+ guys for the weekly Meridian circuit race down in Highlands Ranch. This was our second time doing this race and man was it much bigger. Michael is gearing up for Hugo road race May 31 so this is a great practice race with a couple hills that are enough to make it really sting in the legs. It's a 1 hour practice race with all categories and at the end only the fittest contend the finish. I managed to get in a few breaks and launch a few attacks but nothing really stuck. With 1 lap to go which is about 2 miles in length I just stayed put ready to pounce on the finishing hill. I came from about 10-15 back to out sprint everyone for the unofficial win. It felt really good considering I just started training again for the second part of my season. Hopefully this will lead to official wins soon. Next up is Wheels of Thunder and the Scott Kornfield Memorial Crit.

No comments: