5.17.2008

Wheels of Thunder.....The Element of Surprise.

I scored my third win of the season and man was it a sweet one. I won this race on an hour of sleep, no joke. Friday night activities included happy hour beers, pizza for dinner, 3 games of bowling and a few movies. Not your typical preparation for racing but whatever, I had a bast. I came into this season with one goal in cycling, to have fun. Along with more wins this season I have also had more Wendy's, more beer and more happy hour evenings. Like I've said before, when you are happy you are going to have more fun racing and well this season win more. It is official, I have more than enough points to upgrade to Cat. 2 but I will hold off on that upgrade and focus on helping out my teammates with upgrade points. Up next, Scott Kornfield Coal Miner's classic, can I pull off back-to-back wins? Check back to find out.

On another note there is a Filipino restaurant in Colorado Springs called Town Fiesta?? Yeah still trying to figure out the whole name thing but it is a Filipino restaurant with your typical karaoke set-up. The Shank family ad I went down to see all the hype. Anyways, $7.99 gets you an all-you-can-eat bottomless dinner plate and I'm pretty sure they lost money from my brother-n-law John and I. We might even put them out of business when I take my brother and my nephews for some authentic Filipino food. I went to town on the sinna-gong soup and Kari-kari. We ended the dinner with some amazing Halo-halo and got a to-go bag full of siopao and pandesal. They love us! We'll be back for the karaoke night but I first need to learn some classic Filipino song. Know of any?


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: