6.09.2008

I don't run, I'm NOT a runner...

but on Sunday I managed to finish the Garden of Gods 10 mile run without training for the event. I ran once for 30 minutes about a month ago and that was it for training. I skipped the Bolder Boulder but was somehow convinced by Michael and Lacey to "just run it". I averaged about 10 minute miles for a super hilly course so I'm pretty excited about finishing this race AND I got a really cool Dri-fit tech shirt out of the whole race which was the only reason why I registered for the race. I also got the lucky number 13 before the race so that only made things a bit more sketchy and it wasn't until about mile 6 that I knew I could finish this race. I'm glad I went through with the race and even more glad I finished injury-free which was my biggest concern. So if you are a runner and you like running you should do this race next year and I'll be there with a big cup of joe to cheer you on with each passing mile.





Pikes Peak on our way to the race

No comments: