7.07.2008

We have the pros...

and then we have me. I raced the Niwot Crit. yesterday and found myself at the start line with pro guys from BMC, Healthnet, Successful Living, Team Type 1 and Garmin-Chipotle. It was pretty cool to be in the mix with pro guys like Tom Danielson who could be racing the Tour de France. The race was super fast and technical causing most of the 90 man field to drop out of the race. A 10 man all 'pro' group was established with about 25 of us left chasing and that was it; everyone else ka-boom, gone, later, maybe another time. I'm still a bit tweaked about my crashes so when I thought I had a slow leak I stopped at the wheel pit but it turned out I didn't have a flat so I had to jump back in the race and chase. Trying to catch 24 guys chasing 10 pro guys is not going to happened. I raced as hard as I could before I got lapped by the lead group with 5 laps to go and although a little disappointed with my error in judgement it was a small victory to know I can hang with these guys. Not bad for a 9-5er and I'll be sure to go strong in August, fo' shizzle.

No comments: