8.09.2008

DNF (Did Not Finish) Form

That's right folks, I have great DNF form that I'm trying to hold onto for these last couple of races. Today was another spectacular show of my DNF form getting shelled in the Prospect criterium pro 1/2 race about 30 minutes into the 90 minute race. The last two races I have developed severe cramps just underneath my rib cage causing horrible pain, not good when you are going full throttle. It has taken me out of both races unable to match the speed with the knife stabbing cramps. A good buddy of mine Ben Raby mentioned I might be drinking too much water and I think he's right. It has been hot in Denver the last month so I think my efforts to stay hydrated may have backfired by drinking too much water. So this coming Sunday I will drink a little less going into the race and more during the race if that makes sense. I think a little potassium will help with the cramps so I'll have a banana split about an hour before my race. If this doesn't work just call me Devin from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems hard to get motivated in August after maybe 8 months of hard riding. Take it to another level mentally for a few more weeks, ger er done, then shut er down. Can you profile your race machines or your training schedule. thanks. - a rider.