8.06.2008

Me no LIkE LigHtnINg



I would say this photo is pretty close to what I encountered on my training ride today. I left the house thinking the storm had passed but you gotta love Colorado weather because anything can happen and the storm decided to blow back west towards the mountains. With the wind picking up, the sky turning black and the sound of thunder I knew I was in for a crazy ride. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a wuss when it comes to lightning. I decided I couldn't turn back because the storm was dumping by my house so I thought I could just ride away from it. Yeah I find myself drinking a grande Americano and eating a banana chocolate chip coffee cake from Starbucks waiting for the storm to pass. It never did and is still here as I write this post. I was soaking wet and exhausted from my race effort to get back home as thunder and lightning filled the sky. I'm alive so no complaints.

No comments: