5.30.2013

4 Weeks To Go!

The month of May was not how I wanted it to go but it its what it is and now I've got to focus on June. 4 Weeks gives me roughly 3 weeks to ramp up my training BIG TIME and chill out the final week. I'm kind of winging it right now with training and trying to play catch up so we'll see if my plan works. My long runs have been taking 1.5-2 weeks to fully recover so I'll have to plan my last long run of 25-30 miles in the next week or so. From there it will be short 5-10 mile runs with a ton of cycling to boost my cardio without stressing my legs too much with the pounding. I'm definitely stressing out a bit because although I think just finishing would be pretty good there is that part of me that wants to be competitive and try to place in the top half. With that mentality comes the push to get as fit as possible given the time I have left. It's like cramming for that final exam. I know I'm going to suffer dearly in this race so my thinking is that if I can improve my fitness even a tiny bit these last few weeks I can maybe delay when the really bad suffering begins in the race. My two most important goals leading up to the race. 1. One more long trail run of 25-30 miles 2. Drop 8-10 lbs tipping the scale at 166lbs. If I can complete these two goals and show up at the start line injury free I'll feel pretty good.

No comments: