5.13.2013

When you're too scared to run long you...


Although I've cleared myself to run and I feel like I did a good job of healing up as quickly as possible I'm still very nervous to do a long run.  That said, I went for a long ride to keep the heart and legs in shape with minimal impact.  This ride was fun and safe with most of it being on Denver's great bike path system.  Slept in so didn't have a chance to really go big and get the 120 miles I wanted.  Maybe in a couple of weeks since next weekend will be devoted to my long runs in preparation for the North Fork 50 ultramarathon race.  I'm still very much motivated for this race and although my running miles hasn't been the greatest I know there is still plenty of time to get in some long runs.  It should be good with long days and warmer weather!

No comments: