3.02.2009

Why not?

I've been doing a little bit of research and chatting with various friends about a gluten free diet and I'm going to transition to reducing my gluten intake drastically. I'm not going to commit to a totally 100% gluten free diet because I just don't think it's realistic for me but you never know. I'm Asian and I love rice! I know big surprise but I think this will help in the transition. It's going to take a lot of work but I think in the long run it will be a healthy modification to my diet. I'm also going to reduce the amount of red meat I consume and focus more on poultry, turkey and fish. This year I wanna go full throttle on the bike. I have no problem training hard but nutrition has always been my weakness. Come race days I expect a lot out of my body, so I guess I should have higher expectations about what goes in my body.
Sent from my Atari 64

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.gicare.com/diets/Gluten-Free.aspx

fish sounds really good.

good luck with the new diet.

Anonymous said...

Mark-

Good call! When making diet changes, the adjustment period is always the toughest. I've gone through a few diet transition, from almost entirely vegan to entirely unregulated. My only recommendation regarding this is to consider some alternatives to beef, rather than dropping it out entirely. I hardly ever eat beef anymore, but I do eat a fair amount of elk and bison. One good thing about those two meats specifically is that they're quite dense (but super lean), so it helps with portion control. Also, I would try to do more fish than poultry.

Forbes