4.27.2008

1+1=2

2 guys finished ahead of me with 1 guy way off the front and his teammate catching me right at the line to take 2nd. The guy who won was super strong and he deserved to win for his solo effort. I think a lot guys were looking around for us to bring him back considering we controlled the entire race except that one move. There were plenty of teams with 4-6 guys each so he should have been caught but would of could of should of. Knowing this guy was going to win I set myself up for when I planned to attack given the wind direction and course layout. It was about 500m out and it worked except one guy was able to latch onto my wheel and I couldn't shake him. No excuses, just didn't have the legs. I'm happy with 3rd place and I'm even more happy with how our team worked as a 'team'. We just had a couple of guys who really stepped it up and made a big impact on the race. Not a bad way to end the spring season.

I don't have any race plans the next couple of weeks so I'll be looking to build up again for a great summer season with some long hard rides and plenty of happy hours. I think I've just learned that when you are happy you race well. Speaking of happy I bought my nephew Luke a new yellow Transformer BumbleBee bike and it arrives tomorrow. I'll never forget getting my first new bike from Sears when I was maybe 5; it was a pretty cool feeling. I also owe the kid some new yellow cycling gloves and Cold Stone ice cream. I forget the kid is old enough to remember promises so I must keep my word. If you have any luck finding yellow kids cycling gloves help me out and let me know. Someone want to buy me a new bike?

No comments: