4.25.2008

Deer Trail RR & Primus Mootry Crit.

It was a year ago when I went on the solo attack early in the Deer Trail RR and stayed off the front for the first 50 miles. Although I was eventually caught and passed by many I had a blast. This year will be a blast but different. I've been looking forward to this race for many months now and my condition is good and I feel 100% ready to throw down. Coming off a win last weekend and having two wins this season well lets just say things are working out. My brother is racing too and this will be his first race of the season so I'm excited to see how he does because he was moving last week in training. We'll have a solid team in the Cat. 3 field and we have a number of cards to play. My guess: It will stay together until the rolling hills and then major explosion(possibly me). My role: I'm riding support for my teammates covering breaks and setting tempo but if the opportunity is there for a field sprint, well I'm going to win that so other teams should know better. We have a couple of guys flying but have had bad luck the last couple of weeks so hopefully we can pull it together this weekend.

The Primus Mootry Crit. is this Sunday in Niwot/Boulder area. We'll have numbers in this race which will be the first time all season. My two wins have been solo efforts so it is going to be ridiculous when I roll up with 6 other teammates who are just as fast and fierce. Alls I'm sayin'. I think teams will be looking to cover me throughout the race but little do they know we have others who are ready to pounce. I consider myself a tactician, I'm nowhere near the strongest guy but I've raced long enough to anticipate certain actions by others given the situation. I will play the lead role and bark out orders to my teammates. The goal is simple: TO HAVE FUN! What's fun you might ask? Making others suffer when they don't want to and coming across the finishing line screaming, drooling, cross-eyed as you win. When this team was created we made it a point to be aggressive and take the race to others and we have done that this year. Man it's going to be a great year! Come support us Sunday and watch Studio 1 Dental in action.

No comments: